Philadelphia Trans Wellness Conference Code of Conduct
By entering Philadelphia Trans Wellness Conference, and/or participating in events, workshops and activities, you agree to use the following code of conduct:
- Respect peoples’ opinions, beliefs, experiences and differing points of view.
- Respect everyone’s identity and background, including pronouns and names. Do not assume anyone’s gender identity, sexual preference, survivor status, economic status, background, health status, etc.
- Respect everyone’s physical and emotional boundaries. Check in in before discussing topics that may be triggering (e.g. sexual abuse, physical violence or encounters with police), and use trigger warning during presentations and events. Physical and/or verbal threats will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Disruptive individuals will be asked to leave the space by Mazzoni Staff.
- Be responsible for your own actions; be aware that your actions have an effect on others, despite what your intentions may be. Listen and change your behavior if someone tells you that you are making them uncomfortable.
- Be aware of your prejudices and privileges and the space you take up during the conference.
We define oppressive behavior as any conduct that demeans, marginalizes, rejects, threatens or harms anyone on the basis of ability, activist experience, age, cultural background, education, ethnicity, gender, immigration status, language, nationality, physical appearance, race, religion, self-expression, and/or sexual orientation.
Please be aware of your language and behavior, and think about whether it might be harmful to others.