Behavioral Health Consultant In Primary Care
Behavioral Health Consultant In Primary Care
The Behavioral Health Consultant (BHC) provides culturally competent behavioral health care to patients of Mazzoni Health Center.
- Performs consultations and follow-up in conjunction with primary care visits, including behavioral and functional assessments, introduction of services, provide referrals, psychoeducation, and implement brief cognitive behavioral therapy (“CBT”) and other clinical interventions within the scope of patients’ regular medical visits
- Provide mental health support and other social support as a part of interdisciplinary teams in offering MOUD and MAT at the Mazzoni Center; maintain understanding and familiarity with MOUD/MAT resources and referrals
- Coordination of Care: Consult with patients and coordinate referrals with providers and staff. Identify, refer, and advocate for patients needing specialized behavioral health, psychiatric, gender affirming supportive resources, and related services; Make recommendations to providers regarding individual patient care
- Complete supportive mental health letters when appropriate, including and not limited to: letters for gender marker changes, surgery letters, mental health referrals
- Provide social work & advocacy services to TGNCNB clients/youth/families
- Provide additional psychosocial support to TGNCNB, gender expansive youth and caregivers as needed
- Complete gender affirming services informational interviews and follow up counseling session with clients starting hormone treatment as needed. Collaborate with medical providers to develop treatment plan; coordinate and monitor ongoing services and care.
- Crisis Intervention: Update and disseminate information regarding mental health crisis services to all health center staff.
- Clinical Record Keeping: document care and communication in EMR in timely manner. Update and maintain clinical records.
- Attend departmental and agency meetings.
- Assist in staff and provider training and education regarding the integrated behavioral healthprimary care model and best practices for mental health care in primary care.
- Participates in behavioral-health related quality improvement activities.
- Complies with all policies of the Mazzoni Center
- Good oral and written communication skills are required for this position.
- The person in this position must be able to communicate effectively with clients, patients, staff, and others, and contribute to a positive environment.
- Protect client information and records at all times in compliance with agency Confidentiality Policy, and HIPAA regulations.
- Community Outreach Responsibilities: Serves as liaison to behavioral health community-at-large.
Education, Training, License and Certification, Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in social work, or related field, with a minimum of two years of clinical experience and a current license to practice in Pennsylvania as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker; or Doctoral degree in psychology, with a minimum of two years of clinical experience and a current license to practice in Pennsylvania as a Psychologist.
- Demonstrated understanding of impact of trauma on mental and physical wellbeing and understands components of trauma-informed care;
- Demonstrated competency in providing cognitive-behavioral interventions to individuals, families, couples, and groups with behavioral health and/or substance-related challenges;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with staff, patients, case managers and other behavioral health clinicians in a primary care setting;
- Demonstrated cultural competency in clinical work with racially and socio-economically diverse, LGBTQ and HIV-positive populations;
- Clinical competencies include but are not limited to: psychoeducation, cognitive interventions, motivational interviewing, medication adherence counseling and disease self-management counseling, substance use/substance use disorder evaluation, level of care assessment, specialized referrals, identification of maladaptive coping strategies, and development of harm reduction strategies
Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
- Ability to travel on public transportation
- The ability to lift objects greater than 25 pounds
- The ability to communicate using written and spoken words
- Must have all necessary screenings and vaccinations
Staring at $56K
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to Human Resources ([email protected])