This position will support the third party billing component of the organization by billing for services provided and researching anomalies resulting from the billing process with the focus of recouping the maximum allowable payment for services.
- Verify insurance coverage for patients through third party websites on a regular basis.
- Generate and drop claims daily in the EMR or manually when necessary.
- Research and correct claims that have been denied or returned for review
- Monitor AR balances weekly with the focus of keeping balances at the department's targeted amount.
- Work on hold buckets and prepare patient refunds where necessary.
- Coordinate the month end close/cut off billing process by ensuring that the visits for the month are charged to the same month.
- Research and respond to patient or third party payer requests and/or account problems.
- Any other tasks assigned relating to the Billing Process or Fiscal Department.
- Good oral and written communication skills are required for this position.
- The person in this position must be able to communicate effectively with the clients, staff, and others; and contribute to a positive environment.
Education, Training, License and Certification, Skills and Experience
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
- At least one year as a Biller in a General practice, Hospital or in Behavioral Health environment utilizing EMR for processing claims.
- Strong understanding of the insurance environment and standard billing practices
- Communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus,
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
- The ability to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time
- The ability to lift objects greater than 35 pounds
- The ability to communicate using written and spoken words
- Must have all necessary vaccinations
- Annual PPD
Salary starts at $35,000
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to Human Resources ([email protected]).