Certified Recovery Specialist
Certified Recovery Specialist
Mazzoni Center is seeking an experienced, certified Recovery Specialist (CRS) to become a vital part of our recovery programs. The CRS is primarily responsible for conducting outreach, peer recovery support counseling, group facilitation and advocacy services. The primary goal is to outreach and link clients to care while supporting their identified recovery needs. In addition to direct care, this position will also entail data input, care coordination and some administrative duties.
- Develop and implement comprehensive targeted community outreach plan.
- Provide brief assessments of need to identify potential barriers and readiness to access treatment services.
- Serve as client advocate and directly facilitate client access to services, which may include direct referral to substance abuse services, psychiatric care, medical treatment, case management, emergency housing or other support services.
- Engage clients using peer counseling techniques to address behavioral change and readiness for treatment through face-to-face counseling, electronic and/or telephonic follow-up and group facilitation.
- Create individualized Wellness Recovery Action Plans (WRAP).
- Through counseling, educate clients about various concepts of addiction, the recovery process, stages of change model, self-advocacy and risk reduction.
- Adhere to quality practice standards and standards of care for profession, including client confidentiality and maintaining professional boundaries.
- Maintain confidential files, secure releases and facilitate exchange of information with consent between referring agencies. Protect client and agency information at all times, adhering to agency Confidentiality Policy, HIPAA as well as other laws governing privacy/disclosure.
- Maintain accurate and descriptive notes for documentation and evaluation purposes.
- Participate in weekly supervision and team meetings as scheduled.
- Data input and report preparation.
- Attend and participate in relative trainings and professional development.
- Attend and participate in all agency and program meetings and communicate all pertinent information with treatment team.
- Perform other duties as assigned and deemed necessary and appropriate
- Good oral and written communication skills are required for this position.
- The person in this position must be able to communicate effectively with clients, staff, and others; and contribute to a positive environment.
Education, Training, License and Certification, Skills and Experience
- Completion of Recovery Specialist certification course by an accredited provider
- Must have a lived recovery experience
- Minimum High School diploma/GED
- Additional education/training in the recovery field is encouraged
- Experience with and knowledge of substance use assessment, levels of care assessment (ASAM), risk reduction, substance use counseling skills are highly encouraged.
- CADC desired, not required
- Must be culturally competent to work with groups from diverse racial, educational, socioeconomic backgrounds, and sexual orientations and gender identities
- Experience with and knowledge of client-centered engagement approaches and techniques.
- Awareness of community resources
- Must complete mandatory trainings: CPR, First Aid, Narcan, HIV, Confidentiality, TB/STI.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, effectively take initiative, and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with other care providers and professionals
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Bilingual(Spanish) Preferred
- Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
- The ability to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time
- The ability to lift objects greater than 35 pounds
- The ability to communicate using written and spoken words
- Must have all necessary vaccinations
- Annual PPD
Salary starts at $38,000
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to Human Resources ([email protected]).