Good oral and written communication skills are required for this position. The person in this position must be able to communicate effectively with the clients, staff, and others; and contribute to a positive environment.
- Assists in maintaining flow of patient care on multiple clinical levels
- Provides education to patients on disease management, test results, etc. as appropriate to patient learning style.
- Conducts patient visits as directed by medical staff and following Mazzoni Center protocols and guidance
- Contacts patients and appropriate agencies to communicate test results
- Collect relevant data from patients for care both in person and by telephone, i.e., triage
- Performs transition of care activities including contacting patients after hospitalizations, urgent care or emergency room visits and schedule follow up appointments according to protocol and patient need.
- Evaluates results and monitors treatment plans; documents all interaction with patients.
- Serves as a clinical resource for medical assistants and licensed practical nurse (LPN), as needed.
- Observes patients for reactions to medications or treatments, alert other medical staff as needed
- Manages/coordinates high risk patient appointments.
- Assists in assessing, developing, coordinating, and revising teaching programs for the medical staff.
- Participates in quality improvement activities for the practice
- Attends health center and agency meetings as directed
Education, Training, License and Certification
- Graduate of an approved RN program, with bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred
- Registered Nurse license in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania required.
- One or two years of experience in primary care setting preferred
- Comfort with adult, pediatric and geriatric care, and in particular, LGBTQ focused care
Clinical and Other Skills
- Knowledge of medical procedures, terminology, and equipment especially as related to ambulatory care
- Strong interpersonal skills with attention to team dynamics
- Exercise good clinical judgment and seek support when needed.
- Patient assessment and triage skills including ability to collect vitals signs
- Ability to administer medications and immunizations.
- Ability to perform wound care.
- Phlebotomy and point of care testing skills.
- Ability to perform catheter placement
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to identify patient learning styles and provide patient education/information in an effective patient centered manner.
- Must work well with multi-disciplinary team.
- Literate with general functions of EMR (preferably Athena) and basic computer skills.
- Ability to handle high workflow, troubleshoot issues and multitask as needed.
- Punctuality and professionalism at all times
- Protect client and agency information at all times, adhering to agency Confidentiality Policy and Pennsylvania Act 148 as well as other laws governing privacy/disclosure.
- Cultural competence with groups from diverse racial, educational, socioeconomic backgrounds, and sexual orientation and gender identities.
- Ability to contribute positively to health center team environment demonstrating respect for all staff, patients and members of Mazzoni Center.
- Committed to the mission of Mazzoni Center.
Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
- The ability to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time
- The ability to lift objects greater than 35 pounds
- The ability to communicate clearly using written and spoken words.
- Must have all necessary vaccinations and annual screenings in accordance with Mazzoni Center policies
Starting at $65K