Clinical Support Services Manager
Clinical Support Services Manager
Oversee clinical support services team to ensure the delivery of patient centered and affirming care in line with the mission of Mazzoni Center - including supervision of behavioral health consultants and care coordinators and program development.
Clinical Support Services
- Provide medical social work & advocacy services to uninsured, medically vulnerable, trans and gender non-conforming clients and families.
- Coordinate and monitor services rendered to patients of the health center seeking general behavioral health care and gender affirming care
- Coordinate and monitor care coordination services provided to patients of the health center
- Serve as liaison between health center, behavioral health and care services departments to ensure a consistent experience for patients receiving behavioral health and case management services in addition to the health center.
- Identify appropriate mental/behavioral health resources to address client needs and assist with linkage to those resources.
- Assist clients with identifying, building, and maintaining external support systems.
- Document all client/patient contact in EMR.
- Coordinate and support the integration of behavioral health and care coordination services into health care provided at the health center.
- Advise health center leadership on training and protocols to keep staff up to date on behavioral health and care coordination issues.
- Assist with client-related crises as necessary.
Community Engagement, Groups & Education
- Participate in the Behavioral Health Initiative component of the PTWC.
- Oversee the coordination and facilitation of Trans Community Advisory Board meetings.
- Represent Mazzoni Center at city-wide community meetings, working groups, and committees focused around TGNC populations.
- Contact external organizations and provide information on Mazzoni Center Primary Care Behavioral Health and Gender Affirming Services through meetings, networking events, presentations, in-services, and tabling efforts.
- Supervise clinical support services team (including Behavioral Health Consultants and Care Coordinators).
- Maintain written notes of all supervisions.
- Complete the program specific orientation and training of new staff.
- Complete introductory and annual performance evaluation for supervisees.
- Supervise interns from local social work graduate programs to ensure goals of educational experience are achieved
- Protect client information and records at all times in compliance with agency Confidentiality Policy and HIPAA regulations.
- Participate in supervisions with Director of Practice Management.
- Participate in departmental hiring activities
- Participate in departmental and agency meetings.
- Good oral and written communication skills are required for this position
- The person in this position must be able to communicate effectively with clients, patients, staff, and others, and contribute to a positive environment
Education, Training, License and Certification, Skills and Experience
One of the following:
- Master’s degree in social work, or related field, with a minimum of two years of clinical experience and a current license to practice in Pennsylvania as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker;
- Doctoral degree in psychology, with a minimum of two years of clinical experience and a current license to practice in Pennsylvania as a Psychologist.
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with staff, patients, and other clinicians in a primary care setting;
- Demonstrated understanding of impact of trauma on mental and physical wellbeing and understands components of trauma-informed care;
- Demonstrated cultural competency in clinical work with racially and socio-economically diverse, LGBTQ and HIV-positive populations;
- Clinical competencies included but not limited to: psychoeducation, cognitive interventions, motivational interviewing, medication adherence counseling and disease self-management counseling, substance use/substance use disorder evaluation, level of care assessment, specialized referrals, identification of maladaptive coping strategies, and development of harm reduction strategies
Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
- Ability to travel on public transportation
- The ability to lift objects greater than 25 pounds
- The ability to communicate using written and spoken words
- Must have all necessary vaccinations
- Annual PPD
Starting at $60K
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to Human Resources ([email protected])