Executive Financial Officer
Executive Financial Officer
The Executive Financial Officer (EFO) is responsible for all financial matters of the organization, reports to and work closely with the President and Executive Officer. In addition, they will partner with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to develop and implement strategies across the organization. The EFO will oversee all fiscal compliance and recognition for all contracts, private grants, third party billing, and other organizational income and expenses. They will directly assist the Executive Operating Officer (EOO) on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management and cost benefit analysis. They must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace while managing the finance team.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure adequate cash flow to meet the needs of the organization.
- Oversee cash, investment, and asset management.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, including assets purchased with
- government funds (computers, etc.) assuring all are in accordance with federal regulations.
- Oversee the production of monthly invoices to funders
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants.
- Oversee third party billing processes including the fiscal aspects of the 340B program.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization and oversee federal awards and programs. Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all A-133 audit issues are resolved, and all 403(b) compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with U.S. GAAP and federal, state and other required supplementary schedules and information.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent and governmental audits.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Good oral and written communication skills are required for this position.
- Information must be exchanged using tact and persuasion appropriately.
- The person in this position must be able tocommunicate with the clients, staff, and others; and contribute to a positive environment.
Education, Training, License and Certification, Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7-10 years experience of accounting and/or auditing and finance
- Strong business skills
- 10 years of management experience, with 5+ years in senior leadership.
- CPA/MBA ++
- Experience in the creation of budgets, budget analysis, P&L analysis, budget variances, forecasting, financial reporting, statistical analysis, ad-hoc analysis and auditing
- Strong creative problem solving skills
- Experience leading, planning, developing, implementing and monitoring departmental strategies and objectives and the ability to meet deadline and achieve results
- Prior management and leadership experience with focus on leading teams
- Prior program/project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams; collaboration skills, ability to share responsibility for results, provide and accept feedback, request and provide support and represent team plans and decisions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and financial accounting platforms
Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
- The ability to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time
- The ability to lift objects greater than 35 pounds
- The ability to communicate using written and spoken words
- Must have all necessary vaccinations
- Annual PPD
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to Human Resources ([email protected]).