Housing counselors complete intake and housing acquisition process with clients who are receiving HOPWA rental subsidy. Monitor client’s ongoing program compliance.
Maintain a caseload of 50 clients who are receiving a HOPWA housing subsidy.
Maintain contact with client, case manager, and landlord based on program and funding requirements.
Provide occupancy counseling for each client (program regulations, landlord/tenant rights and responsibilities, housing resources, barriers to program compliance.)
Assist client with locating available housing.
Insure that landlord has valid rental license and is current with real estate tax and water bills.
Complete housing inspection as per HQS standards (re-inspect annually)
Negotiate lease and rents with landlord on behalf of the client.
- Complete rent determination and lease addendum with each client as per DHCD criteria (update annually).
- Collect rent and utility receipts from each client and file in client chart.
- Document client demographics, client contacts, and other required client information in CareWare.
- Maintain accurate and orderly client charts with hard copy of client-related forms, lease, receipts, correspondence, etc.
- Provide monthly statistical information to Housing Manager in compliance with contact and agency requirements.
- Protect client information and records at all times in compliance with HIPAA and agency Confidentiality Policy.
- Participate in weekly supervision with Housing Manager.
- Participate in agency meetings, staff in-services, and external trainings as required.
- Assist with food bank deliveries.
- Perform other program related duties as assigned by Director of Care Services.
- Good oral and written communication skills are required for this position
- The person in this position must be able to communicate effectively with clients, patients, staff, and others, and contribute to a positive environment
Education, Training, License and Certification, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- HQS Housing Inspection Certified.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and community resources.
- LGBTQ cultural competency.
- Competency in working with diverse populations.
- Computer literate.
- Bilingual preferred.
Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
- Ability to travel on public transportation
- The ability to lift objects greater than 25 pounds
- The ability to communicate using written and spoken words
- Must have all necessary screenings and vaccinations
Starting at $38K
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to Human Resources ([email protected])