Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager
Mazzoni Center’s Human Resources Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day administration of human resources functions ensuring that all federal, state and local legislation, best practices and organization policies and procedures are followed.
- Manage the administration of FMLA, unemployment compensation, workers’ compensation, disability, and all HR employee benefits programs. Notify the HR Director of all hearings and/or official notification of activity in these areas. Attend hearings as needed.
- Manage the administration of employer health and welfare plans including new enrollments, annual open enrollment, compliance matters and terminations.
- Manage the administration of the retirement plan, including enrolling employees during their eligibility period, conducting audits, etc. Set up meetings between brokers and employees.
- Coordinate the distribution of materials and coordinating on-site representation by brokers and other providers as appropriate. Act as an employee liaison between the broker and various
- insurance carriers to resolve employee questions or concerns.
- Manage HR compliance requirements and efforts including federal, state and local laws and licensing regulations and Mazzoni Center policies and procedures.
- Manage and maintain all personnel records and files. Ensures records meet regulatory compliance in addition to employment laws.
- Assist with management of employee relations, advocating for fair and equitable treatment and a non-discriminatory, safe and positive work environment for all. Respond to employee relations issues.
- Assist with the oversight and implementation of the performance management program.
- Provide support and assistance to employees and managers with Mazzoni Center’s Human Resources Information System (HRIS) – ADP Workforce Now.
- Consult with the HR Director and HR Department regarding all on-going HR matters, including employee concerns.
- Coordinate all HR-organized on-site trainings, including set-up and breakdown of the training site.
- Assist with preparation for all SEIU meetings and attend each meeting to take minutes as needed.
- Keep abreast of policy changes. Explain and/or clarify policies to employees.
Education, Training, License and Certification, Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field required. HRCI (PHR/SPHR) or SHRM (SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP) certification preferred or obtained within first year of employment.
- At least three years of professional human resource administration OR its equivalent through training, education, and other experience; supervisory experience a plus.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills with people from diverse backgrounds. Possess strong verbal, written and listening communication skills. Ability to easily follow verbal and written directions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create an environment that encourages staff to voice concerns.
- Must know the importance of effective confidential record keeping.
- Demonstrate discretion, integrity, fair-mindedness, confidentiality.
- Comfort working with senior management, consultants, union negotiators and insurance brokers.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, details, and tasks simultaneously. Ability to work well under pressure and flexibly respond to changing priorities, unplanned events, or emergencies.
- Must be self-motivated, self-directed, and independent, possess good time management and organization skills, and show attention to detail, including prioritization.
- Strong word processing skills in MS Office applications. Strong understanding of email and e-calendar systems.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems or resolve issues.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws.
Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
- This position involves primarily sedentary work, requiring the ability to sit for extended periods of time and only occasional standing and/or walking.
- Occasional lifting/carrying of files and documents.
- The ability to communicate using written and spoken words.
- Must have all necessary vaccinations.
- Annual PPD.
Starting at $50K
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to Human Resources ([email protected])