Mazzoni Center is seeking an experienced Medical Assistant who will assists patients and providers, by providing clinical and administrative assistance in a large LGBTQ primary care practice
Good oral and written communication skills are required for this position. The person in this position must be able to communicate effectively with clients, staff, and others; and contribute to a positive mission focused environment.
- Rooming patients; including reason for visit, vitals, screenings, and chart reconciliation
- Assist the clinical staff in completing examination and procedures as instructed.
- Responsible for drawing all lab work, and point of care testing as ordered.
- Maintain quality assurance testing for glucometer, CoaguChek, HIV rapid tests, Urine HCG and Urinalysis testing as indicated by manufactures
- Responsible for processing all lab specimens as directed by outside lab vendor
- Monitor vaccine supply and temperature log
- Sterilize equipment utilizing autoclave
- Administer medications, vaccines and injections
- Provide injection teaching for patients
- Adhere to all OSHA requirements
- Outreach patients via phone call, portal message, or mailing
- Assist clinical providers with pharmacy concerns, including calling in prescriptions and obtaining fill histories.
- Ensuring all rooms are stocked and sanitized before and after each patient
- Chaperone sensitive exams upon request of clinician or patient.
- Complete necessary paperwork with patients as needed
- Perform EKGs ,ear lavage and other procedures as ordered
- Helps to create policies and procedures
- Educates patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions; answering questions
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt
- Care Coordination: Tracks and follows up on lab and/or radiology orders.
- Population Management: Contacts patients for overdue appointments, immunizations, and screenings. Promotes usage of the Patient Portal.
- Manages Health Information
- Demonstrates the ability to accurately organize all Health Information in the Electronic Medical Record
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state and local requirements.
- Participate in supervision as scheduled, attend departmental meetings as scheduled and attend monthly General Staff Meetings.
- Follows facility and OSHA safety rules and procedures.
- Follows Mazzoni Center policy for completion of incident reports
- Upholds HIPAA regulations
- Be punctual and professional at all times, especially when representing the agency at off-site locations.
- Protect patient and agency information at all times, adhering to agency Confidentiality Policy and Pennsylvania Act 148 as well as other laws governing privacy/disclosure.
Collaboration with Staff
- Effectively communicates needs related to clinic documentation and compliance with regulations
- Carries out duties independently while keeping supervisor informed of status and outcomes
- Seeks guidance from supervisor as appropriate
- Ensures that activities are carried out in a safe manner
- Reports and documents all incidents related to individuals and staff
- Logs and tracks patient complaints with outcomes
- Works collaboratively with the Quality committee and leadership to complete audits, reports, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of Medical Assistant professional experience
- Certified Medical Assistant and/ or Certified Phlebotomist, preferred.
- Electronic Medical Record experience.
- High School Degree or GED equivalent required.
- Buy in to the mission of Mazzoni Center and demonstrates commitment to the LGBTQ community.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively, taking initiative, to meet deadlines.
- Must work well with multi-disciplinary team.
Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
- Frequently on feet, frequent walking and standing required.
- Frequent light (up to 25 pounds) lifting of materials/equipment required.
- Occasional heavy (over 25 pounds) lifting of materials/equipment required.
- Occasional exposure to noise.
- Occasional exposure to odors.
- Frequent light lifting, bending and/or stooping required.
Starts at $35,000.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] and Jasmine Santana, Medical Assistant Supervisor ([email protected] ).