The Patient Registrar is the first person whom our patients will meet, therefore they must be both an excellent communicator and strong administrator who will be comfortable interacting with individuals of all professional levels. The Patient Registrar will be responsible for answering phones, scheduling patients, check in and check out procedures.
Checking in patients
- Utilize Electronic Medical Record (EMR)to start check- in process
- Ensure all demographic and insurance information is accurate, updating records as needed
- Responsible for copay’s and proper handling and documentation of all monetary transactions
- Assists check- out, as needed
- Schedule appointments within the appropriate slots (i.e. Family planning, Procedure, etc.).
- Answer patient concerns, create patient cases and send to appropriate party- all while determining level of urgency
- Completes follow up phone calls for patients and outside providers
- Documenting all patient concerns and questions in real time or shortly after conversation
Checking out patients
- Utilize EMR to complete check-out process
- Complete all necessary referrals & prior authorizations, as needed
- Schedules all follow up visits, as needed
- Attends and participates in Staff Development Day
- Monthly Attends All Staff Meeting Quarterly
- Follows facility and OSHA safety rules and procedures.
- Follows Mazzoni policy for completion of incident reports when indicated
- Upholds HIPAA regulations
- Be punctual and professional at all times, especially when representing the agency at off-site locations. Protect client and agency information at all times, adhering to agency Confidentiality Policy and Pennsylvania Act 148 as well as other laws governing privacy/disclosure.
- Participate in supervision as scheduled, attend departmental meetings, as scheduled and attend monthly General Staff Meetings.
- Ensures patient satisfaction by respecting confidentiality and privacy
- Treats others with courtesy, dignity, and respect
- Works closely with the Practice Supervisor / Director of Practice Management to communicate concerns or issues that may arise
- Works as scheduled
- Meets established notifications of absences
- Is consistently on time and ready to work at start of shift.
- Good oral and written communication skills are required for this position
- The person in this position must be able to communicate effectively with clients, patients, staff, and others, and contribute to a positive environment
Education, Training, License and Certification, Skills and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimal 2 years customer service experience; front desk experience in a medical or hospital setting preferred
- Possess the ability to handle high workflow and troubleshoot issues, as needed
- Ability to multi-task
- Organizational, communication and customer service skills
Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met
- Kneeling, bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees
- Crouching. Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine
- Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly;
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound;
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Exerting up to 35 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Must have all necessary vaccinations
- Annual PPD
Starting at $34K
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to Human Resources ([email protected])