Good oral and written communication skills are required for this position. The person in this position must be able to communicate effectively with the clients, staff, and others; and contribute to a positive environment.
- Checking in patients
- Utilize Electronic Medical Record (EMR)to start check- in process
- Ensure all demographic and insurance information is accurate, updating records as needed
- Responsible for copay’s and proper handling and documentation of all monetary transactions
- Assists check- out, as needed
- Schedule appointments within the appropriate slots (i.e. Family planning, Procedure, etc.).
- Answer patient concerns, create patient cases and send to appropriate party- all while determining level of urgency
- Completes follow up phone calls for patients and outside providers
- Documenting all patient concerns and questions in real time or shortly after conversation
Checking out patients
- Utilize EMR to complete check-out process
- Complete all necessary referrals & prior authorizations, as needed
- Attends and participates in Staff Development Day
- Monthly Attends All Staff Meeting Quarterly
- Follows facility and OSHA safety rules and procedures.
- Follows Mazzoni policy for completion of incident reports when indicated
- Upholds HIPAA regulations
- Be punctual and professional at all times, especially when representing the agency at off-site locations. Protect client and agency information at all times, adhering to agency Confidentiality Policy and Pennsylvania Act 148 as well as other laws governing privacy/disclosure.
- Participate in supervision as scheduled, attend departmental meetings, as scheduled and attend monthly General Staff Meetings.
- Ensures patient satisfaction by respecting confidentiality and privacy
- Treats others with courtesy, dignity, and respect
- Works closely with the Practice Supervisor / Director of Practice Management to communicate concerns or issues that may arise
- Works as scheduled; must be available to work during provider’s normal patient care shifts during normal health center hours.
- Meets established notifications of absences
- Is consistently on time and ready to work at start of shift.
Qualifications and Skills
- 6 months experience as a Medical Scribe.
- 6 months related experience and/or training (clinical or clerical medical office duties)
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimal 2 years customer service experience; front desk experience in a medical or hospital setting preferred
- Possess the ability to handle high workflow and troubleshoot issues, as needed
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively with provider, both verbally and in writing (**Provider must be able to hear and understand assistant’s speech since a critical function of the position is to voice translate when provider is unable to hear patient, family member, or staff).
- Organizational, communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated LGBT competence
Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
- The ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time.
- The ability to lift objects greater than 20 pounds.
- The ability to communicate using written and spoken words.
- Must have all necessary vaccinations.
- Annual PPD.
Starting at $34,000
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to Practice Director, Devon Taylor ([email protected]), and Human Resources Manager ([email protected]).