Mazzoni Center is seeking a full-time, skilled Therapist in the behavioral health program. The Therapist will provide a comprehensive array of clinical services to LGBTQ+ adolescents and adults with mental health and substance use concerns including assessment, affirmative psychotherapy and group facilitation.
- Provides excellent comprehensive clinical skills including the ability to assess, diagnose and create meaningful treatment plans in collaboration with individuals receiving services for mental health and/or substance use.
- Provides an array of quality, affirming psychotherapy including individual, couples, family and group therapies as assigned.
- Creates treatment plans with measurable goals and objectives.
- Utilizes empirical measures such as standard assessment tools to evaluate the effectiveness of interventions.
- Establishes good rapport and trust with marginalized populations of individuals along the lifespan, many of whom have experienced trauma.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of sexual orientation and gender identity development that informs clinical practice.
- Uses a fundamental framework of trauma recognition and informed care practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Follows and references departmental policy and procedure manual for carrying out professional tasks.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation in compliance with contracts, funder and agency requirements, including progress notes, treatment plans, discharge paperwork, and other documentation.
- Coordinates care with other service providers as necessary to enhance the effectiveness of client care.
- Expands professional knowledge base of therapeutic techniques through supervision, training, and case consultations. Further, completes a minimum of 25 training hours annually in topics related to clinical growth and development as outlined on annual Professional Development Plan.
- Works within the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Protects client and agency information at all times, adhering to agency Confidentiality Policy, HIPAA as well as other laws governing privacy/disclosure.
- Maintains credentialing with insurance companies, including CAQH.
- Gains proficiency in Athena EMR system and other data bases.
- Works flexible hours, including some evenings.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Good oral and written communication skills are required for this position.
- The person in this position must be able to communicate effectively with the clients, staff, and others, and contribute to a positive environment.
Education, Training, License and Certification, Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution with a focus/major in psychology, social work or counseling
- Must possess active independent license in Pennsylvania (LCSW, LPC, PsyD or equivalent)
- Must have previous clinical experience providing therapy.
- Ability to work independently exercising sound clinical judgment and insight.
- Additional training and/or certification, a bonus.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance prior to start of employment
- The ability to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time
- The ability to lift objects greater than 35 pounds
- The ability to communicate using written and spoken words
- Must have all necessary vaccinations
- Annual PPD
Salary starts at $48,000
To apply for this position, please send your Resume/CV and cover letter to [email protected].