Washington West Receptionist/Support Specialist
Washington West Receptionist/Support Specialist
The Washington West Receptionist/Support Specialist is a hybrid position that provides both service delivery and administrative duties to support programs across the Prevention Services Department. Their primary functions include but is not limited to preforming receptionist and/or crowd control duties at Mazzoni Center sites, preforming street, venue and online outreach, acting as a driver for Mazzoni Center’s Mobile Testing Unit, providing HIV and other STI screenings at Mazzoni Center’s STI testing sites, and other Prevention Service Department related tasks, during daytime, evening, late evening and/or weekend hours.
- Uses excellent customer services skills to maintain the reception area/crowd control at sites, which includes but is not limited to answering the phone, greeting clients/visitors, guiding clients through completing appropriate paperwork, ensuring a steady flow of services at sites, maintaining overall general appearance of the site, and other reception/crowd control tasks
- Maintains excellent communication with all staff as well as management at sites
- Moves and stocks various supplies to and from Mazzoni Center sites and also assists in the loading/unloading of the mobile testing unit as needed; assists with operational support of sites
- Completes street, venue, and online outreach to assist with promotion and participant recruitment for Mazzoni Center services
- Drives Mazzoni Center’s Mobile Testing Unit for STI testing events and other initiatives
- Performs HIV and other STI prevention counseling, testing, and support to clients during day, evening, late night and weekend hours at various locations
- Completes paperwork related to STI Program services and completes other program deliverables for the STI Testing Program
- Provides education and resources around HIV, STDs, hepatitis, and other sexual health issues
- Performs phlebotomy on clients
- Completes routine administrative duties including filing, shredding, collating, stocking, recording results, reporting and other operational needs
- Maintains excellent communication with supervisor and Prevention Services team
- Conducts data-entry for Prevention Services Programming
- Is punctual and professional when representing the agency at all locations
- Generates monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as instructed by supervisor
- Adheres to Mazzoni Center and OSHA guidelines, i.e., infection control, immunization policies, exposure control (blood borne pathogens and chemical hazards).
- Protects client information and records at all times in compliance with agency Confidentiality Policy and Pennsylvania Act 148
- Actively participates in weekly supervision and meetings
- Actively participates in departmental and agency meetings, staff in-services, and external trainings as required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Good oral and written communication skills are required for this position.
- The person in this position must be able to communicate effectively with the clients, staff, and others; and contribute to a positive environment.
Education, Training, License and Certification, Skills and Experience
- Strong commitment to the mission of Mazzoni Center
- High School Diploma or GED required, BA in a related field preferred
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license
- Ability to drive a large recreational vehicle
- Bilingual preferred
- Certified to provide HIV testing in Philadelphia preferred
- Excellent customer services skills
- Great time management skills
- Strong administration skills
- Organizational skills and exceptional follow through
- Working knowledge of HIV and other STI prevention testing and referrals
- Working knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention and LGBT community resources
- Excellent organization skills and great follow through required
- Must be culturally competent to work with groups from diverse racial, educational, socio-economic backgrounds, gender identities and sexual identities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a computer and computer data programs
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Able to handle multiple tasks and possess strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Daytime, evening and weekend work hours required
Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
The ability to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time
The ability to lift objects greater than 35 pounds
The ability to communicate using written and spoken words
Must have all necessary vaccinations
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to Human Resources ([email protected]).