Care Services Director
Mazzoni Center is the only health care provider in the Philadelphia region specifically targeting the unique health care needs of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. When the first cases of HIV/AIDS began to appear in the early 1980s, the organization quickly responded, becoming the oldest AIDS service organization in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the fourth-oldest in the nation.
Good oral and written communication skills are required for this position. The person in this position must be able to communicate effectively with the clients, staff, and others; and contribute to a positive environment.
- Complete grant writing, requests for funding proposals, and grant reporting for Care Services Programs.
- Develop policies and procedures for Care Services Programs (and revise as necessary).
- Assist with the implementation of Mazzoni Center’s strategic plan as it relates to the Care Services Department.
- Monitor contract compliance for all Medical Case Management, Food Bank, Housing, Care Coordination, Adolescent services (including Drop-In), and Gender Affirming Services programming.
- Develop and monitor impact evaluation efforts for Care Services programs
- Develop and oversee completion of quality management activities (running reports, data clean-up, CQI Plans, client satisfaction surveys).
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for Care Services Programs.
- Review and sign-off on medical case management third party billing.
- Oversee completion of TCM applications for Medical Case Managers.
- Oversee completion of quarterly client chart reviews and staff documentation reviews.
- Oversee implementation and coordination of Community Advisory Board meetings for Care Services, Gender Affirming Services, and other community initiatives.
- Recruit, interview, and hire new staff/volunteers/interns for the Care Services Department.
- Oversee orientation and training of new staff.
- Provide weekly supervision to Assistant Director of Care Services, Case Management Services Managers, Care Coordination Manager, Housing Manager, and Gender Affirming Services Manager.
- Maintain written notes of all supervision sessions.
- Complete or review introductory and annual performance evaluations for staff in the department.
- Assist with client-related crises as necessary.
- Process client grievances.
- Facilitate or delegate facilitation of Care Services Meetings.
- Facilitate monthly Managers Meetings.
- Facilitate or delegate facilitation of monthly staff group supervision.
Education, Training, License and Certification, Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in social services or related field required
- Minimum of five years direct service experience.
- Minimum of five years supervisory experience
- LGBTQ cultural competency
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and manage multiple deadlines and responsibilities.
- Bilingualism, Spanish/English, is a plus.
Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
- Ability to travel on public transportation
- The ability to lift objects greater than 25 pounds