Director of Human Resources
The Director of Human Resources provides coordinated leadership, strategy, direction and guidance to ensure effective administration of the Human Resources function. The person in this position is responsible for the oversight of all human resources functions, maintaining the authority and accountability for employment, compensation, benefits administration, wellness, employee relations, labor relations and policy development/administration. This position originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide a high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. Must be able to multi-task and function in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated strong communication and relationships skills with an emphasis on fostering an inclusive environment and managing conflict. The person in this position must be able to communicate with management, staff and legal and professional consultants; and contribute to a positive environment.
Leadership and Direction
- Plans, organizes and directs all aspects of the human resources function including employment, compensation, benefits administration, wellness, employee relations, labor relations and policy development/administration.
- Reviews and makes recommendations for the improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Maintains knowledge of human resources trends and employment legislation and ensures compliance.
- Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Demonstrates leadership ability in providing direction, supervision and support to management staff.
- Communicates changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the personnel budget ensuring the effective, efficient utilization of human and material resources.
- Supervises the staff of the human resource department.
- Works with leadership to identify and monitor the organization's culture so that it supports the attainment of Mazzoni Center’s goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Develops short and long-term goals that are in concert with the mission and vision of Mazzoni Center.
- Participates in the organization’s strategic planning process. Develops operational plans for the areas of responsibility.
Compensation and Benefits
- Oversees Health & Welfare programs; including program administration, RFP and contract negotiation processes and vendor management.
- Oversees the management of 403(b) and Deferred Compensation programs
- Develops and oversees administration of compensation programs; including establishment and annual review of salary ranges, annual merit increase process, promotional increase process, bonus programs, etc.
- Promotes employee appreciation and recognition programs and practices.
- Ensures that an effective program is in place for staff development and assessment including orientation, in service, competency validation and continuing education.
Employee and Labor Relations
- Provides clear and concise direction and oversight of employee relations matters including investigative processes, employee complaints and resolution, corrective actions and training.
- Manages and participates with employee/labor relations issues during Mazzoni Center’s collective bargaining process.
- Works closely with legal counsel on employment and labor matters, including the response to union proposals and issues.
- Assist groups and teams to identify and resolve problem issues and provides consistent interpretation and application of personnel policies, union proposals, statutory regulations and laws.
- Oversees the company’s performance review program and the employee onboarding and off-boarding processes.
- Coaches management to become effective in employee/labor relations.
- Maintains a positive and working relationship with managers, employees, and the collective bargaining unit.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development.
- Comprehensive knowledge of labor and employment laws and regulations and their administration and application.
- Expertise in education and administration of FMLA, Workers Compensation, ADA, and other associated programs.
- Expertise in policy development, implementation and administration.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on the executive management team that provides company leadership and direction.
- Track record in dealing effectively with unionization efforts and in-depth understanding of federal laws and NLRB regulations.
Education, Training, License and Certification, Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience leading HR functions in a multi-site environment.
- Demonstrated leadership by managing others in a direct reporting relationship
- Master’s Degree in human resources, business administration, healthcare administration or related field; SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred.
Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
1. The ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time
2. The ability to lift objects greater than 20 pounds
3. The ability to communicate using written and spoken words
Salary range - Starting at 95,000
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to Alecia Manley (amanley[email protected]), and Ni’Shell Bates, the Human Resources Manager ([email protected]).
This position will close July 15, 2019