Behavioral Health Providers
Workshops conducted by Mazzoni Center’s training team are tailored to meet the individual needs of each requesting site.
Trainings can be designed for:
- licensed social workers, counselors, and therapists,
- case managers,
- crisis support staff,
- intake coordinators,
- front-desk and medical support staff,
- students and associate counselors, or
- providers in non-therapeutic settings seeking behavioral health information about LGBTQ communities.
After our training, attendees will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and consideration of LGBTQ terminology, language, and identities, specific to the behavioral health profession.
- Differentiate between the categories of sex assigned at birth, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
- Identify best practices in HIV and STD prevention.
- Contrast the distinctions between medical, legal, and social transitions for transgender and gender non-conforming (TGNC) individuals and apply three clinical tools for improving mental health services for TGNC patients.
- Recognize the impact of implicit bias on the provider-patient relationship.
- Describe the importance of providing culturally-competent care to clients from the LGBTQ communities and the impact this practice will have on reducing health disparities among these communities.
- Case study analyses
- Small group learning
To Schedule a Training Consultation: