Behavioral Health Providers
Workshops conducted by Mazzoni Center’s training team are tailored to meet the individual needs of each requesting site. Our behavioral health professional development trainings can be designed for:
- licensed social workers, counselors, and therapists,
- case managers,
- crisis support staff,
- intake coordinators,
- front-desk and medical support staff,
- students and associate counselors, or
- providers in non-therapeutic settings seeking behavioral health information about LGBTQ communities.
After our training, attendees will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and consideration of LGBTQ terminology, language, and identities, specific to the behavioral health profession.
- Differentiate between the categories of sex assigned at birth, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
- Identify best practices in HIV and STD prevention.
- Contrast the distinctions between medical, legal, and social transitions for transgender and gender non-conforming (TGNC) individuals and apply three clinical tools for improving mental health services for TGNC patients.
- Recognize the impact of implicit bias on the provider-patient relationship.
- Describe the importance of providing culturally-competent care to clients from the LGBTQ communities and the impact this practice will have on reducing health disparities among these communities.
- Case study analyses
- Small group learning
To Schedule a Training Consultation: