Workshops conducted by Mazzoni Center’s training team are tailored to meet the individual needs of each requesting site. Our trainings for legal professionals can be designed for
- Lawyers and public defenders,
- law students, and
- those seeking information about legal guidelines for working with LGBTQ communities.
After our training, attendees will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and consideration of LGBTQ terminology, language, and identities, specific to the behavioral health profession.
- Differentiate between the categories of natal sex, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
- Identify best practices in HIV and STI prevention.
- Contrast the distinctions between medical, legal, and social transitions for transgender and gender non-conforming (TGNC) individuals and apply three clinical tools for improving mental health services for TGNC patients.
- Evaluate approaches to working with LGBTQ individuals according to the Fair Practice Ordinance
- Recognize the impact of implicit bias on the provider-client relationship.
- Describe the importance of providing culturally-competent legal care to clients from the LGBTQ communities and the impact this practice will have on reducing health disparities among these communities.
- Case study analyses
- Small group learning
To Schedule a Training Consultation: