Medical Professionals, Health Educators, and Student Doctors
Medical professional development trainings conducted by Mazzoni Center are tailored to meet the individual needs of each requesting site. Trainings are designed to instruct physicians, physician’s assistants and RNs from all specialties, health educators, MD and DO students, front-desk and medical support staff, and providers in non-medical settings seeking medical information about LGBTQ communities.
After our training, attendees will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and consideration of LGBTQ terminology, language and identities, specific to the medical profession.
- Differentiate between the categories of sex assigned at birth, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
- Identify best practices in HIV and STD prevention.
- Contrast the distinctions between medical, legal, and social transitions for transgender and gender non-conforming (TGNC) individuals and apply three clinical tools for improving services for TGNC patients.
- Recognize the impact of implicit bias on the provider-patient relationship.
- Describe the importance of providing culturally-competent care to patients from the LGBTQ communities and the impact this practice will have on reducing health disparities among these communities.
- Case study analyses
- Small group learning
To Schedule a Training Consultation: