Full Time HIV Prevention Counselor
Mazzoni Center is in search of a full time HIV Prevention Counselor to provide HIV counseling and testing services at Mazzoni Center and satellite locations throughout Philadelphia.
The counselor will:
- Provide nonjudgmental, client-centered HIV prevention counseling using a risk reduction model.
- Be sensitive to cultural differences and competent to work with groups from diverse racial, ethnic, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations and gender identities.
- Work non-traditional hours, anywhere from 8am to 3am, Monday through Sunday. This position will primarily work weekend and evening hours.
- Work in non-traditional settings, i.e. gay bathhouses, community events, mobile testing unit, sex parties, etc.
- Complete community outreach.
- Assist with administrative and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Dedicated to the mission of Mazzoni Center.
- Pennsylvania Counseling and Testing Certification Number preferred.
- Knowledge of the LGBTQ community, substance abuse issues, HIV/AIDS, and sexually transmitted diseases is necessary.
- Must be flexible. This position will primarily work weekend and evening hours.
- Must be willing to learn and complete blood draws on clients.
- Bilingual individuals (Spanish/English) are preferred.
People of color and those representing diversity are encouraged to apply. Mazzoni Center is an equal opportunity employer.