Mazzoni Center’s is currently recruiting for a Housing Counselor who will Complete intake and housing acquisition process with clients who are receiving HOPWA rental subsidy. Monitor client’s ongoing program compliance.
- Maintain a caseload of 50 clients who are receiving a HOPWA housing subsidy.
- Maintain contact with client, case manager, and landlord based on program and funding requirements.
- Provide occupancy counseling for each client (program regulations, landlord/tenant rights and responsibilities, housing resources, barriers to program compliance.)
- Assist client with locating available housing.
- Insure that landlord has valid rental license and is current with real estate tax and water bills.
- Complete housing inspection as per HQS standards (re-inspect annually)
- Negotiate lease and rents with landlord on behalf of the client.
- Complete rent determination and lease addendum with each client as per DHCD criteria (update annually).
- Collect rent and utility receipts from each client and file in client chart.
- Document client demographics, client contacts, and other required client information in CareWare.
- Maintain accurate and orderly client charts with hard copy of client-related forms, lease, receipts, correspondence, etc.
- Provide monthly statistical information to Housing Manager in compliance with contact and agency requirements.
- Protect client information and records at all times in compliance with HIPAA and agency Confidentiality Policy.
- Participate in weekly supervision with Housing Manager.
- Participate in agency meetings, staff in-services, and external trainings as required.
- Assist with food bank deliveries.
- Perform other program related duties as assigned by Director of Care Services.
Education, Training, License and Certification, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- HQS Housing Inspection Certified
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and community resources.
- LGBTQ cultural competency
- Competency in working with diverse populations.
- Computer literate.
- Bi-lingual preferred
Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
- Ability to travel on public transportation
- The ability to lift objects greater than 25 pounds
- The ability to communicate using written and spoken words
- Must have all necessary screenings and vaccinations
Starting at $36k
How To Apply
This position will be open for submissions until 4/19/19.