Linkage Coordinator is responsible for working with individuals who are diagnosed with HIV through Mazzoni Center’s community based HIV testing in order to link the client to medical care. This person uses the strengths based approach, motivational interviewing, the behavior change model and other behavioral and empowerment theories to link clients to care, with specific concentration on the CDC evidence based model, ARTAS (Anti-Retroviral Treatment and Access to Services).
Good oral and written communication skills are required for this position. The person in this position must be able to communicate effectively with the clients, staff, and others; and contribute to a positive environment.
- Performs HIV education, prevention, counseling, linkage, support, and referrals to clients during day and evening hours
- Initiates immediate contact with clients diagnosed with HIV to establish rapport and to assist with linkage to care at Mazzoni Center and/or partner organizations
- Facilitates referral and linkage to HIV medical care which includes intake, treatment linkage, and linkage confirmation
- Supports clients with linkage to medical care which may include scheduling care appointments and accompanying clients to their first visit
- Coordinates with Philadelphia Health Department to connect clients to Partner Notification Services
- Provides education around resources like HIV, STDs, case management, mental health, treatment services, and other services.
- Completes referrals and confirms linkages to support services including case management, prevention counseling, substance abuse treatment, mental health counseling, housing, etc.
- Provides guidance to clients on how to access services on their own
- Completes follow-up phone calls and/or sessions to ensure the client has met their care and service needs
- Conducts daily data-entry using an internal spreadsheet, Evaluation Web, Athena and Care Ware for client demographics and session information.
- Generates internal and external reports as needed
- Protect client information and records at all times in compliance with agency Confidentiality Policy and Pennsylvania Act 148
- Adhere to Mazzoni Center, jurisdiction, state, federal and OSHA guidelines/policies, i.e., infection control, immunization policies, exposure control (blood borne pathogens and chemical hazards).
- Participate in weekly supervision
- Participate in agency meetings, staff in-services, and external trainings as required
- Maintains excellent communication with the Navigation Team and the Navigation Program Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Education, Training, License and Certification, Skills and Experience
- Upholds a strong commitment to the mission of Mazzoni Center
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services field preferred, or 3 years’ experience in the HIV prevention field
- Bilingual preferred
- Exceptional ability to provide a safe, client centered, affirming and nonjudgmental space for clients to ask questions and share their experiences
- Philadelphia certified HIV tester preferred
- Extensive knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and community resources
- Experience working with diverse populations, specifically LGBT+ individuals and communities of color
- Strong organizational skills and excellent follow through
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Computer literate with knowledge of Evaluation Web, Care Ware, and Microsoft Office Suite.
Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
- The ability to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time
- The ability to lift objects greater than 35 pounds
- The ability to communicate using written and spoken words
- Must have all necessary vaccinations
- Annual PPD
Starts at $35,000
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to the Prevention Services Director, Eric Paulukonis ([email protected]), and Ni’Shell Bates, the Human Resources Manager ([email protected]).
This position will be open for submissions until (5/25/19)