Mazzoni Center is seeking an experienced Medical Assistant who will assists patients and providers, by providing clinical and administrative assistance in a large LGBTQ primary care practice
Strong written and verbal communication skills, with attention to detail needed.
- Rooming patients; including reason for visit, vitals, screenings, and chart reconciliation
- Assist the clinical staff in completing examination and procedures as instructed.
- Responsible for drawing all lab work, and point of care testing as ordered.
- Maintain quality assurance testing for glucometer, CoaguChek, HIV rapid tests, Urine HCG and Urinalysis testing as indicated by manufactures
- Responsible for processing all lab specimens as directed by outside lab vendor
- Monitor vaccine supply and temperature log
- Sterilize equipment utilizing autoclave
- Administer medications, vaccines and injections
- Provide injection teaching for patients
- Adhere to all OSHA requirements
- Outreach patients via phone call, portal message, or mailing
- Assist clinical providers with pharmacy concerns, including calling in prescriptions and obtaining fill histories.
- Ensuring all rooms are stocked and sanitized before and after each patient
- Chaperone sensitive exams upon request of clinician or patient.
- Complete necessary paperwork with patients as needed
- Perform EKGs ,ear lavage and other procedures as ordered
- Helps to create policies and procedures
- Educates patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions; answering questions
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt
- Care Coordination: Tracks and follows up on lab and/or radiology orders.
- Population Management: Contacts patients for overdue appointments, immunizations, and screenings. Promotes usage of the Patient Portal.
- Manages Health Information
- Demonstrates the ability to accurately organize all Health Information in the Electronic Medical Record
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state and local requirements.
- Participate in supervision as scheduled, attend departmental meetings as scheduled and attend monthly General Staff Meetings.
- Follows facility and OSHA safety rules and procedures.
- Follows Mazzoni Center policy for completion of incident reports
- Upholds HIPAA regulations
- Be punctual and professional at all times, especially when representing the agency at off-site locations.
- Protect patient and agency information at all times, adhering to agency Confidentiality Policy and Pennsylvania Act 148 as well as other laws governing privacy/disclosure.
Collaboration with Staff
- Effectively communicates needs related to clinic documentation and compliance with regulations
- Carries out duties independently while keeping supervisor informed of status and outcomes
- Seeks guidance from supervisor as appropriate
- Ensures that activities are carried out in a safe manner
- Reports and documents all incidents related to individuals and staff
- Logs and tracks patient complaints with outcomes
- Works collaboratively with the Quality committee and leadership to complete audits, reports, etc.
- 2+ years of Medical Assistant professional experience
Education, Training, License and Certification, Skills and Experience
- Certified Medical Assistant and/ or Certified Phlebotomist, preferred.
- Electronic Medical Record experience.
- High School Degree or GED equivalent required.
- Buy in to the mission of Mazzoni Center and demonstrates commitment to the LGBTQ community.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively, taking initiative, to meet deadlines.
- Must work well with multi-disciplinary team.
Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
- Frequently on feet, frequent walking and standing required.
- Frequent light (up to 25 pounds) lifting of materials/equipment required.
- Occasional heavy (over 25 pounds) lifting of materials/equipment required.
- Occasional exposure to noise.
- Occasional exposure to odors.
- Frequent light lifting, bending and/or stooping required.
Starts at $30K
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to Director/Manager (Geneva Mason, Medical Assistant Supervisor, and Ni’Shell Bates, the Human Resources Manager ([email protected]).
This position will be open for submissions until 5/30/19