Outreach Worker Intern
This position Is Currently Open For Appications.
The outreach worker intern is a paid, part time, one-year long internship. This person will provide community outreach to engage individuals in discussions and distribute materials related to the improvement of health and wellbeing for 6 to 8 hours per week, depending on the schedule. This person will also receive ongoing professional skills development opportunities for 1 to 2 hours per week, depending on the schedule. We are seeking someone at least 21 years of age.*
*This position requires outreach at bars/clubs/events that are restricted to those who are 21 years of age or older.
Good oral and written communication skills are required for this position. The person in this position must be able to communicate effectively with the clients, staff, and others; and contribute to a positive environment.
- Perform street, bar/club, community and internet outreach to the primary population. This will include regular business hours, early morning, late night and weekend shifts.
- Provide education and resources to individuals related to programs/services, HIV/AIDS, STDs, substance use, sexual health, and other health and wellness topics
- Assists the Community Engagement Coordinator and the Community Health Engagement Manager in the development and maintenance of the trans outreach program
- Maintain accurate and timely written documentation of all outreach activities
- Completes data entry and reporting as assigned by supervisor
- Build collaborative relationships with community-based programs and develop strong social networks within the community to aid in service referrals and linkages for the primary population
- Actively participate in supervisions, project meetings, team meetings and in-service trainings.
- Maintains excellent communication with the Community Engagement Coordinator, Community Health Engagement Manager, and the entire Prevention Services Team
- Completes 1 to 2 hours of professional development trainings per week
- At the end of the one year internship will assist with the interviewing and training of the next generation of one-year long outreach worker interns
- Protect client and agency information at all times, adhering to agency Confidentiality Policy, Pennsylvania Act 148, and all HIPPA regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Project Manager.
Education, Training, License and Certification, Skills and Experience
- Must be outgoing and engaging
- Bilingual preferred
- Community-based outreach experience preferred, however, training provided regardless of experience.
- Culturally competent or willing to be trained to become culturally competent to work with groups from diverse racial, educational, socio-economic backgrounds, gender identities and sexual identities
- Knowledge of or willing to be trained to become comfortable with issues related to substance use, sexual health, sexual identity, gender identity and other issues that require kindness, professionalism and sensitivity
- Written communication skills
- Ability to provide quick follow through
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- The ability to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time
- The ability to lift objects greater than 35 pounds
- The ability to communicate using written and spoken words
- Must have all necessary vaccinations
- Annual PPD
This postion will closed May, 3, 2019