The Prevention Specialist will provide client-centered, prevention services including HIV/STD testing, risk reduction counseling, phlebotomy, referrals, and linkages. The Prevention Counselor is also expected to perform administrative tasks related to programmatic operations.
Good oral and written communication skills are required for this position. The person in this position must be able to communicate effectively with the clients, staff, and others; and contribute to a positive environment.
- Preform HIV, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, and other STI screenings at various Mazzoni Center sites during day, evening, late night and weekend hours at various locations including local bathhouses
- Perform HIV/STD prevention counseling and support to clients during day, evening, late night and weekend hours at various locations including local bathhouses
- Provide education and resources around HIV, STDs, hepatitis, and other sexual health issues.
- Assist with promotion, community outreach, and participant recruitment for Mazzoni Center’s STI Program
- Perform phlebotomy on clients
- Complete routine administrative duties including filing, shredding, collating, stocking, recording results, and other operational needs
- Provide appropriate referrals to clients
- Conduct weekly computer data-entry for client demographics and testing information
- Complete paperwork related to STI Program services
- Promote prevention services program activities throughout Philadelphia
- Will be punctual and professional at all times, when representing the agency at all locations
- Maintains excellent communication with the STI Program Manager and the Prevention Specialist Team
- Generate monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as required by management
- Adhere to Mazzoni Center and OSHA guidelines, i.e., infection control, immunization policies, exposure control (blood borne pathogens and chemical hazards).
- Protect client information and records at all times in compliance with agency Confidentiality Policy and Pennsylvania Act 148
- Actively participate in weekly supervision and meetings
- Actively participate in departmental and agency meetings, staff in-services, and external trainings as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Training, License and Certification, Skills and Experience:
- Strong commitment to the mission of Mazzoni Center
- High School Diploma or GED required, BA in a related field preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Certified to provide HIV testing in Philadelphia preferred
- Working knowledge of HIV/STD prevention counseling
- Working knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention and LGBT community resources
- Ability to work with and working knowledge of diverse high-risk populations in Philadelphia
- Strong organizational skills and good follow through
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft WORD, ACCESS, and Excel
- Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
- The ability to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time
- The ability to lift objects greater than 35 pounds
- The ability to communicate using written and spoken words
- Must have all necessary vaccinations
- Annual PPD
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to Eric Paulukonis, Prevention Services Director ([email protected]), and Ni’Shell Bates , the Human Resources Manager ([email protected]).
This position will be open for submissions until August 1, 2019