Mazzoni Center Professional Development Programs
The Education Department at Mazzoni Center offers comprehensive, customized professional development workshops to medical, behavioral health, legal, education, and business professionals and organizations across the Northeast. The goal of our workshops is to support professionals to become more confident in their ability to effectively support and serve their LGBTQ clients and patients and, in turn, create a more inclusive and affirmative workplace environment. The mission of the Education Department is to inspire the consistent and ongoing affirmation, acceptance, inclusion, and integration of LGBTQ people in all spaces. We aim to foster long-term relationships with organizations in order to maximize the impact our trainings’ have on the culture and climate of the organization.
The facilitating team member travels to each organization and includes the following in all workshops:
- LGBTQ Fundamentals (Exploring terminology and understanding identities)
- Best practices for supporting and promoting the inclusion of LGBTQ people and communities.
- Health disparities and evidence-based research
- Pre- and Post- Assessments
- Active Learning Strategies
- Real-Life Case Scenarios
- Training Evaluations
- Trauma-informed care and implicit bias
- Anti-discrimination, harassment and bullying
- TGNC (Trans and Gender Non-Conforming) competencies
- Affirmative policy and procedure reform
- Clinical best practices
- More specific topics may be requested and developed in collaboration with each organization
Quotes for workshops and programs are customized to fit the needs of each organization. Please complete the professional development request form and a customized quote will be provided to you. Sliding-scale options are provided to non-profit organizations and public/charter schools.
To request a professional development training: bit.ly/mazzonipro.
To request a lotus. training (for organizations who directly serve victims and survivors of sexual assault): bit.ly/lotusPD
Professional Development Training Programs
P.E.A.C.E of Mind strives to support social service and behavioral health staff in enhancing their ability to understand, connect with, and best serve LGBTQ clients. Additionally, behavioral health staff are encouraged to reflect on their current inclusivity practices—and strategically incorporate new practices—in order to provide the most appropriate and optimum care services that positively impact LGBTQ clients’ wellbeing.