Coaching and Consulting
Coaching and Consulting
Our professional development specialists are ready to dive into the work with you. Adding this service is recommended for long-term culture change. The education department follows a relationship-based consulting model. We offer a logical progression of strategies to effect change in your organization or team and to strategize on how to amplify the voices of LGBTQ community members.
Organizations have requested coaching and consulting for the following:
- Assessing specific gaps, barriers, and needs in creating safer environments for LGBTQ+ staff and those your serve and requesting recommendations
- Navigating established state or federal policies which create barriers for LGBTQ+ communities
- Updating organization policies and procedures to be more affirming of LGBTQ+ identities and to create safer environments
- Creating an effective strategic plan for LGBTQ inclusion across your organization
Consultation and coaching rates are $50/hour.
What workshop topics are available?
Our topics are continually updated and improved based on the latest research in our field. Current offerings are listed below. In addition, we strongly suggest that your first professional development offering be our LGBTQ+ Fundamentals course.
All workshops are available to be scheduled as private sessions for your organization. Workshop content and duration may be customized depending on organization needs. Due to the interactive nature of our trainings, we recommend a total of 30 participants per live session.
Serving hospitals, medical centers, private practice and medical schools, workshops for medical professionals include the fundamentals of building long-term alliances with LGBTQ+ patients and their families. Trainings can also include topics such as taking an affirmative sexual history, affirmative pronoun use, trauma-informed practice, serving our TGNC community members, and more.
- Better Practices for LGBTQ+ Patients in Healthcare Settings
- Fertility, Pregnancy, and Birth Care for LGBTQ+ Patients and Families
- Generational Health Considerations for LGBTQ+ Patients
- LGBTQ-Inclusive Sexual History-Taking
Supporting social service and behavioral health staff in enhancing their ability to understand, connect with, and best serve LGBTQ+ clients. Additionally, behavioral health staff are encouraged to reflect on their current inclusivity practices—and strategically incorporate new practices—in order to provide the most appropriate and optimum care services that positively impact LGBTQ+ clients’ wellbeing.
- Noticing & Navigating Implicit Bias in Behavioral Health Settings
- Health Disparities/Clinical Considerations
- Utilizing Trauma-Informed Care
- Clinical Considerations for serving LGBTQ+ Clients
Every industry, business, and workplace serves LGBTQ+ communities. If you’re seeking information and strategies to make your specific environment more LGBTQ-affirming, these modules are for you!
- Creating Affirming LGBTQ+ Work Environments
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive HR Best Practices
- Noticing & Navigating Implicit Bias
Empowering teachers, administration, education staff, and youth service providers with the necessary tools to support and advocate for LGBTQ+ youth and young adults in their professions. With applied activities, tangible best practices, case scenarios, and policy overviews, professional development in education helps build stronger, safer, and more knowledgeable educators.
- Principles for Teaching Affirming and Liberated Sexual Health