Testing and Prevention COVID Updates
Testing and Prevention COVID Updates
Updated: April 5th, 2021
Free HIV Testing
We provide a variety of options to access in-person HIV testing and home HIV test kits:
Free In-person HIV Testing at Washington West Project (1201 Locust Street)
Monday: 9:00 AM to 8:15 PM
Tuesday: 9:00 AM to 8:15 PM
Wenedsday: 9:00 AM to 8:15 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM to 8:15 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM to 8:15 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM to 4:15PM
( NOTE: Washington West Project will be closed the third Thursday of each month.)
Advanced Scheduled Appointments
Making an advanced scheduled appointments are strongly encouraged.
To make an appointment:
- Call the Washington West Community Call Center at 215-563-0659
- Call Center Hours: Monday through Friday Between 9:00AM and 11:59AM; 1:00PM and 4:15PM
- You will be given a day and time for your scheduled appointment.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time, or you run the risk of losing your appointment.
Same-day Scheduled Appointments
Same-day ppointments may be available, dependent on appointment vacancies. The last appointment for the day is scheduled for 8:15PM Monday through Friday, and 4:15PM on Saturdays.
- Same-day Scheduled Appointments are scheduled on a first come, first serve basis and dependent upon availability. This can be done by coming to the 1201 Locust St. location or calling in advance.
- NOTE: Same-day appointments could possibly not be seen and asked to come back or schedule an appointment for a different day.
- It is recommended to call the call center (215-563-0659) in advance to schedule a same-day appointment.
Free In-person Syphilis, Gonorrhea and Chlamydia Screening at Washington West Project
We currently cannot provide STD test only appointments. Syphilis, Gonorrhea and Chlamydia screenings are only provided to those receiving an HIV test. There is currently a shortage of STI testing supplies limiting the Gonorrhea and Chlamydia screenings we can provide. Therefore, Gonorrhea and Chlamydia screenings are provided:
- For those receiving an HIV test
- For those at risk for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia
- While supplies are available.
Results for STI test
Results for all Syphilis, Gonorrhea, and Chlamydia screenings done at Washington West Project are provided by the Philadelphia Health Department, not by staff on-site. For questions about your results please call the Philadelphia Health Department at: 215-685-6585
Free Home HIV Test Kits:
You have 3 ways to pick up a kit:
Pick-up Home HIV Test Kit Service
Visit Washington West Project Monday through Friday between 9:00AM to 8:30PM, or Saturday 9:00AM to 4:30PM (Office is closed on Saturday from 12:00PM-1:00PM).
Delivered HIV Home Testing Kits
Home HIV test kits for Philadelphia residents delivered to your home, f reeof delivery fees. Call the Washington West Community Call Center at 215-563-0659, Monday through Friday 9AM to 12PM or 1PM to 4:15PM to place your order or for more information.
Pick-up at our Mobile Testing Unit (MTU)
Our MTU will be in various neighborhoods weekly distributing home HIV test kits.
Site and Times: Click Here
OUR Space Drop-in is now virtual.
The Trip Project:
Freedom Space Drop-in is now virtual.
Sisterly LOVE will have virtual meetings. Contact Joniece Greer [email protected] to learn more.
Navigation, PrEP, and PEP
If you are HIV negative and think you have potentially been exposed to HIV in the last 72 hours and would like PEP (Post Exposure Prophylaxis) call our Navigation Specialist Monday through Friday at 267-817-8399, extension 389.
If you are HIV negative and interested in PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) to reduce the possibility of HIV transmission, need insurance navigation assistance, or other service linkage information and referrals call our Navigation Specialist Monday through Fridayat 267-817-8399, extension 389.
LINKAGE To Care
If you newly diagnosed HIV positive or have been previously diagnosed HIV positive and have questions about living with HIV, need information, or need assistance with linkage to health care, case management, medication, partner services and other services call our Linkage Coordinator Monday through Friday from 1PM to 4PM at 267-817-8399, extension 391