Mazzoni Center trainings are tailored to meet the specific needs of each requesting site. Our legal trainings can be designed for lawyers, public defenders, law students, etc., or for those seeking information about legal guidelines for working with LGBTQ communities. Learning objectives include but are not limited to:
• Differentiate the categories of sex at birth, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation
• Establish a working knowledge of LGBTQ terminology and identities
• Establish a working knowledge of HIV/STD prevention
• Understand the differences between medical, legal, and social transitions for transgender and gender non-conforming (TGNC) individuals
• Demonstrate 3 barriers and 3 solutions towards medical, legal, and social transitions for TGNC individuals
• Evaluate approaches to working with LGBTQ individuals according to the Fair Practice Ordinance
To schedule a consultation, please contact Nikki Hatza or Jaymie Campbell.