Professional Track and CEUs
Exciting Changes for 2017
2017 marks the 5th year of the Professional Track of the Philadelphia Trans Health Conference, offering comprehensive training courses for professionals to provide trans-competent services. This track will take place on Thursday, September 7th and Friday, September 8th at the PA Convention Center (1301 N. Arch St., Philadelphia, PA). Unlike the general community track which is free to attend, the professional track has a reigstration fee and offers continuing education credits for a variety of licenses. There are a limited number of spaces available for the professional track.
- WELCOME ALL EDUCATION PROFESSIONALS: We are introducing Education professionals as one of the target groups for professional development, and aim to provide ACT-48 accredited programming for professionals working in schools and universities of all types. This programming will be in addition to our Legal, Medical and Behavioral Health courses.
- INTERDISCIPLINARY WORKSHOPS: In an effort to promote communication and information-sharing across disciplines, all professional track workshops will be open to pre-paid attendees and you will not be restricted to workshops tied to your profession. **Please Note** not all workshops will be accreddited for all licenses, so keep an eye out for which workshops fulfill your continuing education requirements.
o What does this mean? It means there may be medical providers, behavioral health providers, attorneys and educators attending each workshop. In addition to specialized workshops, we are also seeking interdisciplinary workshops this year that offer Medical, Legal, Behavioral Health and Education perspectives.
What types of Continuing Education Credits are provided?
- Behavioral Health: CEU certificates for behavioral health specialists will be accredited by NASW-PA (pending application approval). **Please note** We do not offer APA accredited courses.
- Medical: CME and CNE certificates for medical providers will be accredited by GLMA: Health Professionals Advancing LGBT Equality (pending application approval)
- Legal: CLE certificates for attorneys, law students and legal professionals will be accreditation through the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board (pending application approval)
- Education: Education Professionals may be eligible to earn ACT 48 credits as part of teh pilot program (pending application approval)
Pricing for the Professional track:
All prices include 2 full days of programming, 9/7 and 9/8. There is no single-day pricing.
- Medical: CNE Credit- $225
- Medical: CME Credit- $300
- Behavioral Health: CEU Credit (NASW Member) - $150
- Behavioral Health: CEU Credit (Non-NASW Member) - $175
- Legal: CLE Credit (Public Interest) - $125
- Legal: CLE Credit (Private Practice) - $200
- Students and attendees not seeking continuing ed. certificates: $85
- Presenters: $50
Inaugural Discount Pricing for Pilot Education Program
- ACT 48 Credit (K-12 teachers with proof of employment ) - $25
Registration will open in June of 2017. Please check back then to sign-up and see what programming will look like for this year’s conference.
Please contact Nay Petrucelli with questions about the Professional Track - [email protected] / 215-563-0652x230