Code of Conduct | PTWC19
By attending the Philadelphia Trans Wellness Conference, and/or participating in events, workshops, and activities, you agree to use the following Code of Conduct:
- Respect peoples’ opinions, beliefs, experiences, and differing points of view.
- Respect everyone’s identity and background, including pronouns and names.
- Do not assume anyone’s gender identity, sexual orientation, survivor status, economic status, experiences, health status, etc.
- Understand that oppressive behavior is any action that demeans, marginalizes, rejects, threatens or harms another person on the basis of ability, activist experience, age, cultural background, education, ethnicity, gender, immigration status, language, nationality, physical appearance, race, religion, self-expression, and/or sexual orientation. Oppressive behavior is not welcomed or accepted at Philadelphia Trans Wellness Conference.
- We ask you to examine your language and behavior and reflect on whether it might be harmful to others.
- Respect everyone’s physical and emotional limitations. Check in with others before discussing topics that may be triggering (e.g. sexual abuse, physical violence or encounters with police), please use trigger warning(s) during presentations and events.
- Physical and/or verbal attacks will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Disruptive individuals will be asked to leave the space and not return to any other Philadelphia Trans Wellness Conference events for the remaining days of the conference and possibly the next conference year.
- Be aware of your prejudices and privileges along with the space you take up during the conference.
Everyone is responsible for their own actions. Be aware that your actions have an effect on others despite what your intentions may be. Listen and adapt your language and behavior if someone tells you that you are making them feel uncomfortable or unsafe.
This Code of Conduct has been established for the ensured safety and comfort of all Philadelphia Trans Wellness Conference attendees.