ProTrack Workshops — PTWC 2019
- Beginner and Advanced medical management of transgender patients
- Pre/Post and Perioperative care in the primary care office
- Surgical options
- Unique medical concerns for trans and gender non-conforming adolescents and children
- Aging and end of life care
- Current research/dissertation work
- Reproductive technology and family building options
- Cardiovascular and malignancy risk and evaluation in AMAB and AFAB trans-identified people
- Medical Advocacy in the management of patient surrounding coverage of services
- Navigating healthcare coverage/denials
- Pre-operative assessment and letter-writing
- Sexually transmitted infection risk/treatment/prevention (pre and post-exposure)
- Medical and Advanced Practice Nurse School/Program training
- Answering "non-medical" questions (such as binding, tucking, etc.)
- Psychiatric care of transgender patients
- Addiction and recovery
- Suicidality Considerations
- Couples Therapy with NB/Binary
- Clinical Research, theory, case presentations, clinical practice innovations, and best practices
- Transition-Related Care: Social and medical transition, gender, mental health, insurance, surgery letters, advocacy
- Location of self for T/GNC/NB providers
- Trauma-informed Practice
- Advances in Trans Equality
- Trans People in the Criminal Legal System
- Improving and Supporting the Name and Gender Change Process
- Trans People in the Workplace
- Disability and the T/GNC/NB Community
- Supporting the Needs of Trans Kids in Schools
- Criminal justice & Prison Issues
- Advocating for the financial needs of T/GNC/NB communities
- Supporting planning for non-traditional families
- Supporting financial documents for the T/GNC/NB communities
- Planning for retirement
- Estate Planning
- Investing for the T/GNC/NB community
- Advocating for T/GNC/NB rights
We invite you to share your innovative approaches to your practice and empower audiences with the knowledge they need to best serve Trans, Gender Non-Conforming, and Non-Binary communities by submitting a workshop proposal today.
- A Beginner-level workshop focuses heavily on terminology and introducing individuals to T/GNC/NB concepts. The audience for this workshop most likely have never worked with T/GNC/NB communities.
- An Intermediate-level workshop spends much of the workshop discussing the subject material directly and requires attendees to have some knowledge of T/GNC/NB competencies and issues.
- An Advanced-level workshop requires attendees to have significant knowledge of T/GNC/NB competencies and issues and focuses on best practices, innovative new practices and complex health issues that affect T/GNC/NB communities.
Protrack Presenters are required to register for the conference. Registration is free and gives you access to all plenary sessions, general track workshops, and special events/receptions for which there is no published cover charge or donation.
NOTE: There is a $50 registration fee for any Presenters who request continuing education credits.
Once your proposal is accepted, you will be emailed a Presenter registration link which includes our online conference registration form. Before your proposal can be approved and scheduled, you and any co-presenters must complete and submit all necessary accreditation paperwork. You will be notified of the deadline upon acceptance (pre-approval).
If your proposal is not accepted, you will receive a link to register for the General Track (free registration), or Protrack, at the regular attendee rate. Back To The Top
Each workshop room will be equipped with:
- easel pad/markers set,
- LCD projector and screen,
Presenters are responsible for making their own travel and hotel arrangements. Presenters are responsible for completing all accreditation paperwork by the submission deadline detailed in the workshop approval email. This includes conflict of interest forms, biographies, abstract/summaries, CVs, and disclosures. Back To The Top
Submission Deadline is January 14, 2019.
To Submit a workshop:
1. Create or log in to your account:
2. Submit your workshop below: