Volunteer at the Philadelphia Trans Wellness Conference
We're looking for conference volunteers!
Your time and energy make a difference!
Whether it is registering conference attendees, answering questions, assisting presenters, or helping out in other ways, our volunteers make this event possible. Everyone can volunteer, although some positions may have requirements. We encourage teachers, family members, partners, neighbors, friends, LGBTQIA organizations, allies and youth (with written permission from a parent or guardian) to volunteer.
Volunteering at the conference will allow you the opportunity to give something back to a community that deserves restorative, affirming, and encouraging associations in a safe place.
- Registration - checking-in attendees, creating name tags, conference books, demographic forms, etc.
- Host / Runner - meets w/ presenters at registration desk, signs them in and aids them with the materials needed such as presenters badge, conference book, welcoming folder, etc.
- Room Monitor - helps setup room w/ presenter, keeps track of time during workshops, collects evaluation forms, and clears room out after presenter leaves.
- Point Person - go to person in your area if a problem occurs such as running out of materials, pens, cords, boards, etc. This person moves throughout area, filling-in as needed.
- Greeters - friendly, inviting person w/ a contagious smile and welcoming personality, along with managing the volunteers' check-in desk.
- Set-up and Break down team - aides in the physical setting up and breaking down throughout the conference as well as the moving of supplies to / from the convention center from our Mazzoni Center office.
- Food Server – helps with distributing lunch to conference attendees and the youth programs.
- Volunteer Captains – responsible for scheduling volunteers, through out the 3 day conference at volunteer and information desk, room monitors, and registration. Must be trans competent, have great communication skills, be organized, and proficient at scheduling.
For anyone looking to volunteer at this year’s PTWC, we will be having training to support everyone in being aware of and affirming of gender diversity.