Medical Case Manager
Medical Case Manager
Assess the needs of individuals living with HIV and assist with linking them to necessary services/resources related to their medical status and psychosocial needs. Provide necessary monitoring, follow-up, and coordination of services.
Good oral and written communication skills are required for this position. The person in this position must be able to communicate effectively with the clients, staff, and others; and contribute to a positive environment.
- Ryan White funded MCMs must maintain a caseload of 40-45 clients
- Provide a minimum of 400 units of service per month (1 unit = 15 minutes).
- Assess the biopsychosocial needs of clients based on funding and program requirements.
- Maintain minimum contact with clients based on program, client need, and service care plan.
- Identify appropriate resources to address client needs and assist client with linkage to those resources.
- Coordinate and monitor ongoing services.
- Assist client with identifying, building and maintaining external support systems
- Maintain accurate written documentation of all client contacts (using DAP format) in CareWare and/or athenaNet. Service units/visit encounters and case notes should be input within 24 hours of contact.
- Maintain accurate and orderly client files with hard copy of client-related forms, applications, correspondence, etc.
- Protect client information and records at all times in compliance with HIPAA and agency Confidentiality Policy.
- Participate in weekly supervision with Case Management Services Managers, Care Coordination Manager, Assistant Director of Care Services, or Director of Care Services.
- Participate in agency meetings, staff in-services, group supervision, and external trainings as required.
- Assist with food bank deliveries.
- Perform other program related duties as assigned by Assistant Director of Care Services or Director of Care Services.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Services (Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, Public Health).
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and community resources.
- LGBTQ cultural competency.
- Competency in working with diverse populations.
- Computer literate.
- Bi-lingual preferred
Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
- Ability to travel on public transportation
- The ability to lift objects greater than 25 pounds
- The ability to communicate using written and spoken words
- Must have all necessary screenings and vaccinations
Starts at $38k
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to the Care Coordination Supervisor, Karen Minyety ([email protected]), and HR ([email protected]).
This position will be open for submissions until all positions are filled.