HIV and STI Testing
Renovations at Washington West Project
Washington West Project will be closed for renovations starting Monday July 1, 2019. HIV and STI testing will temporarily be moved to 1348 Bainbridge Street.
Testing Hours at 1348 Bainbridge
1348 Bainbridge Street
Wednesdays 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Philly AIDS Thrift
710 S. 5th Street, 2nd floor
First Saturday and first Sunday of each month Noon to 4:30PM
Note: HIV testing only
Washington West Project
1201 Locust Street
Monday 9:00 am - 8:30 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm, 6:00 pm- 8:30 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am - 8:30 pm
Thursday 9:00 am - 8:30 pm
Friday 9:00 am - 8:30 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Available Tests and Screenings
- Rapid HIV test
- Gonorrhea / Chlamydia (urine)
- Gonorrhea / Chlamydia (throat swab)
- Gonorrhea / Chlamydia (self-administered rectal swab)
All walk-in STI screening clients are seen on a first come, first served basis, and sessions may take up to 30 minutes. Waiting times depend on how many people arrive before you. If the site is full when you arrive, you may be asked to return at a later date, or referred to a different STI screening site.
What to Expect
- You and your counselor will work together to identify your HIV risks and risks for other sexually transmitted infections, and to create a realistic plan to help reduce your risk for HIV and other STIs, and to promote your overall health and well-being.
- If you test positive for the HIV antibody, you'll have the opportunity to meet with our Linkage to Care specialist, who can help you with accessing medical care, disclosing your status to partners and loved ones, discussing safer sex options, treatment adherence, and much more. During this session, the specialist will help you identify your emotional and concrete needs and give you referrals for Mazzoni Center services and other providers in the community.
- If you test positive for any other STI, our staff will provide you with appropriate information and a referral for free treatment.