FACT: People who use opioids in Philadelphia are almost certainly being exposed to Xylazine
What is Xylazine? (street name: Tranq dope)
- Xylazine is an animal tranquilizer.
- About 90 % of street opioid samples collected in Philadelphia in 2021 included xylazine
- Xylazine can cause large wounds that don’t heal.
Stimulants and fentanyl
- 68 % of stimulant deaths involve an opioid
- Fentanyl is found in many drugs including cocaine, methamphetamine, counterfeit Xanax, and counterfeit Adderall
- Test your drugs with fentanyl test strips!
- Carry Naloxone (Narcan) at all times!
Prevention Point Philadelphia – 2913-15 Kensington Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19134 215-634-5272
Mazzoni Center – 1348 Bainbridge Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147 Medical Services 215-563-0658 Behavioral Health 215-563-0652 ext. 248 Washington West 215-985-9206
Contact one of these crisis response or open access centers in Philadelphia or go to your nearest emergency room:
- Einstein CRC (Germantown)
- Location: 5501 Old York Road Philadelphia, PA 19141
- Phone: 215-951-8300
- Friends Hospital CRC (Northeast Philadelphia)
- Location: 4641 Roosevelt Blvd. Philadelphia, PA 19124
- Phone: 215-831-2600
- Pennsylvania CRC (Center City/South Philadelphia)
- Location: 245 S. Eighth St. Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Phone: 215-829-5433
- Temple University/Episcopal CRC (North Philadelphia)
- Location: 100 East Lehigh Ave. Philadelphia, PA 19125
- Phone: 215-707-2577